I’ve written this post to clarify for visitors and for myself what this blog’s reason for being is. This has been occasioned by a friend’s comment that has made me aware that it’s time to take it as seriously as I would like the visitor to take it.
There’s nothing particularly ground-breaking in this list, but it’s helping me to think about and clarify the meanings behind this activity.
The credo of this blog:
- improve my writing
- improve my thought processes in order to communicate my ideas and opinions
- to look to the wider context
- to clearly and concisely relate events, situations or objects
- to effectively share material that I enjoy or dislike
The point being:
- to be able to communicate the excitement I feel when I experience great things
- to understand and rationalise my reasons for this excitement
- to intelligently question things that confuse or annoy me
- to say something new and interesting about all these things
The subject matter will be: